Have you ever had the perfect outfit and you needed just the right shoes to go with it? That summer dress that would be perfect with the exact same color flip flops? Through my easy tutorial, I show you how to transform a very basic Dollar Store flip flops into a great summer sandal and beach shoe! This is a beginner pattern so anybody can do it! I found the FREE written pattern here, by Poppy and Bliss.
The wonderful ideas that you can expand from this basic tutorial are endless!
- Bridal flip flops for the reception
- Match them for your bridesmaids and give them as gifts
- A little girl’s outfit needs the perfect slippers to match
- Add flowers or buttons for embellishments to dress these up even more
- Use as many colors as you want
- Make these in under 2 hours!
I have personally made numerous pairs of these flip flops from the basic design shown in this video to very elaborate and fancier designs. I was actually once employed to make an entire set for a Harley Davidson Wedding in which the bride had ordered black flip flops with black and orange embellishment crochet for her girls to wear at the dance at her wedding. This is a fun idea with so many purposes! They really do make great gifts because they add a touch of handmade to a simple item.
- Size E-3.50mm crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
- Flip Flops (I used size Medium 7/8)
- Caron Simply Soft Yarn in Pagoda, Passion, and Watermelon (but you can use any scraps you have)
Here is a list of the colors I used for each row.
- Rows 1-2: Watermelon
- Rows 3-7: Passion
- Rows 8-10: Pagoda
- Rows 11-12: Watermelon
- Rows 13-16: Pagoda
- Rows 17-19: Passion
- Rows 20-25: Watermelon
- Rows 26-29: Passion
- Rows 30-31: Pagoda
- Rows 32-34: Watermelon
- Rows 35-36: Passion
- Rows 37-39: Pagoda
- Rows 40-42: Passion
- Rows 43-45: Watermelon
- Rows 46-52: Pagoda
- Rows 53-55: Watermelon
- Rows 56-57: Passion
Here are a few ways you can embellish flip flops using crochet magic!
Teacher: Nadia Fuad
Video and Editing: Fuad Azmat
Add me on Snapchat: YARNutopia
Follow me on Twitter: @YARNutopia
Enjoy this video and subscribe to my channel on YouTube for more tutorials on how to crochet!
Leave a comment, and share with your friends!