I am pretty much an open book when it comes to sharing my life here on my blog, but everyone has a few hidden things that aren’t always obvious. Even if you think you know someone, you could be surprised to learn a few new things about them.
In today’s blog I plan to share some silly things you probably never knew, even if you follow my YouTube channel or read about me on the regular.
1. Oftentimes, if the opportunity presents itself, I have been known to draw lyric references in my video tutorials. I also make reference to 2 Chainz, the rapper, whenever I say “two chains” I say it in a weird voice. It’s a thing.
2. I laugh at my own jokes. Someone has to. I commonly make jokes during filming. I have no idea if anyone will get the joke, but I silently find myself funny and have busted out laughing on camera. My dad doesn’t get the joke. I laugh alone. A lot.
3. When I am crocheting around other people and trying to count, if someone tries to talk to me I start counting super loud and I give the offending speaker the stink eye. I don’t mean anything by it. It just happens. Sorry to everyone who has fallen victim to my crazy crochet ways.
4. I never swear. Out loud. Ever. Not just in crochet but in life. Secretly sometimes I want to because I do tend to get frustrated over a project from time to time, but I never have. Nothing against it, it’s a form of venting yet I don’t think I have ever spoken a bad word from my lips; it’s a lesson from my sweet grandma. I make up a lot of fun alternatives though.
5. When another designer likes one of my projects I totally have a fan girl moment!
6. I repeatedly refresh Ravelry.com when I post a new pattern to see if it makes it to page 1.
7. I always pull my yarn from the center of the skein rather than unwinding from the outside. It’s a weird thing. It’s like preferring my toilet paper to go over instead of under.
8. I will not cut my yarn even when it gets as tangled as a pile of onion strings at the local steakhouse.
9. I like to feel yarn. I squish it, and rub it on my cheeks. I love me some good fiber! I don’t eat it though. I can get that fiber another way! LOL!!
10. Most days I work in my pajamas!
I love your patterns and your easy going sense of humor and I read your blog religiously. I, too, pull the yarn from the center, never let a knot get the best of me, and count SUPERLOUD when I have to. On the other hand, I swear like a sailor and like my toilet paper UNDER, thank you very much! HUGS
3, 7, 9, and 10 I feel ya!!! sure we aren’t related??!! hahahaha xxxxxx ……I swear enough for both of us, trust me….especially when I have to untangle yarn….I TRY not to cut the yarn but SOMETIMES…..I Have to or I would lose my mind….IJS .I love your projects…I have a few to do still…I talk to you on FB asking questions sometimes 😉
i too pull from the middle and fight to the end if it knots and will win !! but cursing has and will happen more time then i like to admit .Happy hooking
Thanks for sharing these lovely tidbits about yourself.
I wondered about the 2 Chains – glad to know now.
And I totally understand laughing at my own humor. It can be a bummer not to have others get my humor. But I know that I am funny, and some friends do get it.
Alas, I vent with swearing all too often. I do strive to pull it back. I like the idea of making up fake swears.
Eres muy simpatica y agradable. Transmitis alegria a traves de la pantalla aunque no entienda el idioma.
5 and 6 are so me 😊
Thanks for sharing, I too am a Center-String-Puller … and May the Gods pity any knot in my way!