I am pretty much an open book when it comes to sharing my life here on my blog, but everyone has a few hidden things that aren’t always obvious. Even if you think you know someone, you could be surprised to learn a few new things about them.
In today’s blog I plan to share some silly things you probably never knew, even if you follow my YouTube channel or read about me on the regular.
1. Oftentimes, if the opportunity presents itself, I have been known to draw lyric references in my video tutorials. I also make reference to 2 Chainz, the rapper, whenever I say “two chains” I say it in a weird voice. It’s a thing.
2. I laugh at my own jokes. Someone has to. I commonly make jokes during filming. I have no idea if anyone will get the joke, but I silently find myself funny and have busted out laughing on camera. My dad doesn’t get the joke. I laugh alone. A lot.
3. When I am crocheting around other people and trying to count, if someone tries to talk to me I start counting super loud and I give the offending speaker the stink eye. I don’t mean anything by it. It just happens. Sorry to everyone who has fallen victim to my crazy crochet ways.
4. I never swear. Out loud. Ever. Not just in crochet but in life. Secretly sometimes I want to because I do tend to get frustrated over a project from time to time, but I never have. Nothing against it, it’s a form of venting yet I don’t think I have ever spoken a bad word from my lips; it’s a lesson from my sweet grandma. I make up a lot of fun alternatives though.
5. When another designer likes one of my projects I totally have a fan girl moment!
6. I repeatedly refresh Ravelry.com when I post a new pattern to see if it makes it to page 1.
7. I always pull my yarn from the center of the skein rather than unwinding from the outside. It’s a weird thing. It’s like preferring my toilet paper to go over instead of under.
8. I will not cut my yarn even when it gets as tangled as a pile of onion strings at the local steakhouse.
9. I like to feel yarn. I squish it, and rub it on my cheeks. I love me some good fiber! I don’t eat it though. I can get that fiber another way! LOL!!
10. Most days I work in my pajamas!